The trouble with online searching is that many people are disconnected from someone who can answer their questions in real time with precision.
Many of the larger e-commerce sites have been recently been adding live chat support to improve on the users experience and loyalty. As it turns out, live chat has the ability to provide the convenient answers that customers want. Whilst also adding significant benefits to the staff and bottom line of companies.
In this post we’re going to get into why GreyMatters has added live chat to improve the Earthing (grounding) design experience and tips on how to get the most out of your consultant.
A study called “Making Proactive Chat Work” that was conducted by Forrester Research found the following:
“Many online consumers want help from a live person while they are shopping online; in fact, 44% of online consumers say that having questions answered by a live person while in the middle of an online purchase is one of the most important features a Web site can offer.”
Now, Live Chat is commonly thought of the domain of the retail site but here at GreyMatters, we like to challenge the conventional and use this real-time tool to help our clients get sound Earthing (grounding) advice… quickly and without having to wait!
An online chat system provides customers immediate access to Earthing (grounding) expertise. Wait times are often much less than traditional channels, and clients can easily multi-task whilst waiting. Additionally, the pain of having to dial a telephone number and navigate through a maze of numeric options is non-existent.
Cuts Down on Power System Design Costs
Live chat systems have consistently demonstrated that they can save on both employee task time and phone expenses. This can be important to multinational projects with multiple large scale Earthing (grounding) schemes across continents. Some of the most notable cost savings are:
- Reduces overall contact costs by lowering communication costs.
- Increases efficiency by allowing live chat users to multitask, and get to the point quickly and efficiently
Spending less time on the phone, GreyMatters clients can multi-task during chat conversations if they wish to optimise their time.
Increases Technical Dialogue
The general trend amongst marketers is that live chat on a website can generally lead to improved numbers. Forbes magazine reported in a recent study:
“In 2008, Wells Fargo made a second attempt to leverage online chat to drive sales, and happily, this time the results have been crystal clear. High customer satisfaction scores and a double-digit increase in orders have shown the value once and for all of this technology.”
The key is that customers have someone who can immediately walk them through an earthing (grounding) query or process, if they become confused or have a question that can make or break their power system or create a delay in the construction programme.
Once online in a live chat, the GreyMatters representatives can understand the needs. The earthing expert is in a perfect position to assist and share on additional solutions that may be the perfect fit for a particular technical challenge.
Can Reduce Project Delays
If you aren’t convinced that the GreyMatters live chat can make a positive difference, check out this study conducted by Bold Chat. The cost savings and convenience for both staff and customers makes live chat an invaluable tool for a company like GreyMatters who thrive on providing excellent customer service.
Taps into Client Pain Points
In marketing speak, a customer’s frustration or need that has yet to be filled is what is called, a “pain point”. Live chat provides immediate access to resolve pain points. Understanding what is causing uncertainty, frustration or concern, means GreyMatters can continually develop the products and services offered.
Knowing Earthing (grounding) can be quite technically challenging at times. This can lead to needing more information than can be provided in simple text dialogue. For example, a layout or similar to help in explaining a certain situation on the ground. For these circumstances, the Live chat representative may offer to continue the conversation and schedule a 10 minute remote video call. Using something like the free Google hangout or Skype service. Which allow file and screen sharing.
Tips on Getting The Most Out Of Your Experience
Live chat can obviously increase and improve service relationships, but only if it’s used and executed correctly. Therefore here are some important tips to ensure you get the most out of GreyMatters live chat for Earthing (grounding) advice:
- There is no such thing as a dumb question! Your GreyMatters live chat representatives are extremely knowledgeable about Lightning and Earthing (grounding). Some questions surface quite frequently and the FAQs page is updated to store the more frequent queries to make it easier to access insights and knowledge quickly.
- Be aware of time-zones. Currently, the Earthing Live Chat feature is manned during European business times – So, if you are an engineer in Asia or the Americas, there might be a slight delay until the desks are re-manned. We will continuously monitor activity and review support times as the need arises.
- Be natural. The whole point of having the live chat available is to provide warm, human help. Live chat is different from a phone call. Since all replies are in short sentences that get right to the point. Hence long paragraphs don’t work in live chat. GreyMatters will respond in a ‘natural’, casual, professional tone … So don’t expect too many formalities – just great earthing advice.
- Years of Experience. Put simply … this means you can trust there isn’t a practical earthing scenario or challenge that we haven’t already come across and solved it!
- Helpful chat features. You can request a transcript of the chat to help. If you need to refer to the earthing advice received sometime in the future.
Now it’s your turn!
Have you used Live Chat before – what’s been your experience? Please let us know.
The convenience of Live chat is available on the GreyMatters website for advice, help, technical guidance – whatever your earthing question.[wptab name=’About’]
This post is written by Ian Griffiths, Principal Engineer at GreyMatters, an Earthing Consultant of 26 years, one of the top 1% accredited CDEGS consultants and professional advisor to international utility companies, data-centre and infrastructure developers.
[/wptab] [wptab name=’Latest Posts’]
Recent Posts by Ian