Knowing how important continual improvement is to the user experience for the developers of XGSLab, this month sees the first of a raft of software updates or planned improvements using the most modern of platforms on OpenGL.
- Bring your work to life! New 3D Viewer implementation based on OpenGL gives you stunning graphics for your reports
- Save time assigning properties to conductors by using and building your own favourite libraries
- Conductor segmentation into mesh sides are made even easier
- NETS module allows for three-winding transformers, increasing your scope
- NETS takes over the heavy lifting on very long overhead lines, which can be computed without manual offsets
- NETS increases its computational capabilities by adding mutual impedances to Sources
- More handy drawing tools for GS modules if you have to develop a design without CAD
- More useful shortcuts to quickly set transverse impedance to simulate infinite conductor length
- Additional Reach voltage distance now also available for the entry-level GSA module
- Optimised navigation to make using XGS a doddle
Are you new to XGSLab Earthing Software?
If you are new to this world of modelling earthing systems using software tools, then, the choices in the marketplace can seem a bit daunting. Still, getting the right solution for YOU is as important as your choice of accounting, ERM, CRM or another key piece of software… why? Because your choice of engineering tool can lock you in for many years to come. It can be painful to switch software when one becomes obsolete or no longer cuts the mustard. This is true of all software.
So, why not get in touch and we can share with you what to look for when deciding to invest in Earthing software. Some of the questions to ask are…
What platform is the software coded in? Will it meet the demands of BIM, API, future integration?
Does the software integrate already with iconic apps like Google Earth?
Can the tool deliver accuracy with 3D renders so that YOUR work can stand out from the crowd?