If you’re an electrical engineer, you know how crucial it is to have a solid grounding system for your electrical installations. Proper earthing design protects against electrical shock, ensures electrical safety, and prolongs the lifespan of your equipment. But what happens when you encounter a complex grounding challenge that’s beyond your expertise? That’s where “how-to” sessions in earthing design come in.
Our how-to sessions provide a step-by-step approach to solving a specific problem or achieving a specific goal. In earthing design, how-to sessions provide a practical approach to complex grounding challenges. Enabling you to acquire new knowledge, improve your skills, and stay up-to-date with industry best practices.
By attending a how-to session, you can gain the knowledge and skills necessary to build and maintain an effective earthing system for your electrical installations. Get grounded, and elevate your earthing design skills today!
If you’re interested in attending the how-to sessions in earthing design, register for FREE here. Once registered we will notify you of our upcoming how-to sessions.
Our upcoming how-to sessions include…
Lightning Protection Rolling Sphere Model: How to build in XGSLab Shield
Lightning strikes can cause severe damage to buildings and infrastructure, leading to safety hazards and costly repairs. To protect against lightning strikes, engineers and safety professionals use rolling sphere models to evaluate and design lightning protection systems. In this session, we will provide an overview of rolling sphere models, and guide you through the process of building and testing a lightning protection rolling sphere model.
This session will give you valuable insight into creating a Rolling Sphere model in XGSLab SHIELD. It will serve as a user’s guide on using XGSLab SHIELD to equip you with the necessary knowledge and confidence to model your own designs.
In this session, we will cover:
- How to prepare a 3D CAD file for importing into XGSLab SHIELD
- How to use XGSLab SHIELD
- Tips and tricks for a better user experience within XGSLab SHIELD
This session is ideal for engineers, architects, safety professionals, and anyone responsible for lightning protection system design and maintenance. Attendees will come away with a better understanding of rolling sphere models, you will have the knowledge and tools to design and maintain an effective lightning protection system.
How to Manage EMFs in Earthing Design: Tips for Reducing Exposure in Your Electrical System
Electromagnetic fields (EMFs) are a common concern in earthing design. If you’re working on an earthing design project and want to reduce your exposure to EMFs, this practical guide will provide you with simple and effective tips to manage your exposure.
In this session, we will provide:
- Overview of EMFs and their impact on earthing design
- Step-by-step guide to managing EMFs in earthing design
- Practical tips for designing an earthing system that minimizes the risk of exposure
This practical guide is ideal for electrical engineers, safety managers, and anyone who works with electrical equipment. Attendees will learn practical ways to reduce their exposure to EMFs in earthing design, understand the sources of EMFs, and how to make informed decisions about their earthing system. By the end of the session, you will be equipped with the knowledge and tools necessary to manage your exposure to EMFs and design an effective and safe earthing system.
Mastering the Wenner Test: How to Successfully Complete a Wenner Test
The Wenner test is a common method used to measure soil resistivity for electrical earthing design. Conducting a Wenner test can be a challenging task, but it is essential for achieving an accurate and effective earthing system.
In this session, we will provide:
- Overview of the Wenner test
- Step-by-step guide to completing a successful Wenner test
- Tips for obtaining accurate measurements
- How to avoid common errors that can affect the results
- Best practices for Wenner test
This session is ideal for electrical engineers, safety managers, and anyone who works with electrical equipment. Attendees will come away with a better understanding of how to conduct a Wenner test, how to obtain accurate and reliable results, and how to apply the results to earthing system design. By the end of the session, you will have the knowledge and tools necessary to complete a successful Wenner test and design an effective earthing system.
Unearthing the Mystery: How to Identify a Hot Site
Electrical earthing is a critical safety feature that ensures the protection of people and equipment from electric shock and electrical fires. However, identifying a hot site in earthing can be a challenging task for even the most experienced electrical engineers.
In this session, we will discuss:
- What is a hot site
- Common causes of a hot site
- How to identify a hot site in earthing
- Step to take to rectify the issue
This webinar is ideal for electrical engineers, safety managers, and anyone who works with electrical equipment. Attendees will come away with a better understanding of how to identify and rectify hot sites in earthing, and the importance of maintaining a safe and reliable electrical system.
Engage with us…
- Earthing Design Services & Lightning Protection Design – If high voltage power systems and lightning are causing you concern why not see how we can help with a quick ‘live chat’ below as a start.
- XGSLab – A complete software tool for the simulation of Power, Earthing, Grounding and Lightning Systems, get in touch to request a free demo.
- Get Certified – Start your journey to become certified in Power Systems Earthing & Design.
- E-Learning – Introduction to Earthing, get a free trial here.
- Get answers quickly using the searchable Technical Blog section.