XGSLab, A complete software tool for the simulation of Power, Earthing, Grounding and Lightning Systems. Get in touch to request a free demo or find out more here. We will keep you up to date with the lastest XGSLab software updates…
Version 10.3.1 (June 2023)
SINT Srl has recently released an updated version of XGSLab with the following enhancements:
- Forces and impacts of electromagnetism
- XGSA_FD offers spark gap Surge Protective Devices (SPDs)
- Conductors’ continuity managed as an inherent property
- Specialized tools for manual input of:
- Injected currents
- External electromotive force
- Longitudinal and transverse impedances
- Infinite conductor continuity
- Existing reference points
- Introducing a new graphical output for Harmonic Impedance in XGSA_TD
- Addition of the “On tag” parameter in Scheduler
- Resolution of minor software bugs
Version 10.2.1 (December 2022)
- New XglCAD
- Unlimited number of victim or source elements are now possible (great for giant plants e.g. large photovoltaic plants)
- A powerful scheduling tool, considering the setting of parameters like frequency, fault location, area and line calculations.
- Metal to metal voltage calculations now available for XGSA_FD
- In Soil Resistivity Analyser available
- New standard EN 50522-2022 has been implemented
Version 10.1.1 (May 2022)
- Screen conductors in GSA_FD, XGSA_FD and XGSA_TD modules
- Multi-core cable in NETS
- Conductors graphical editors
- Improved XGL viewer
- Improved calculation speed
- Minor bugs fixed
Version 9.6 (February 2021)
Knowing how important continual improvement is to the user experience for the developers of XGSLab, this month sees the first of a raft of software updates or planned improvements using the most modern of platforms on OpenGL.
- Bring your work to life! New 3D Viewer implementation based on OpenGL gives you stunning graphics for your reports
- Save time assigning properties to conductors by using and building your own favourite libraries
- Conductor segmentation into mesh sides are made even easier
- NETS module allows for three-winding transformers, increasing your scope
- NETS takes over the heavy lifting on very long overhead lines, which can be computed without manual offsets
- NETS increases its computational capabilities by adding mutual impedances to Sources
- More handy drawing tools for GS modules if you have to develop a design without CAD
- More useful shortcuts to quickly set transverse impedance to simulate infinite conductor length
- Additional Reach voltage distance now also available for the entry-level GSA module
- Optimised navigation to make using XGS a doddle
Are you new to XGSLab Earthing Software?
If you are new to this world of modelling earthing systems using software tools, then, the choices in the marketplace can seem a bit daunting. Still, getting the right solution for YOU is as important as your choice of accounting, ERM, CRM or another key piece of software… why? Because your choice of engineering tool can lock you in for many years to come. It can be painful to switch software when one becomes obsolete or no longer cuts the mustard. This is true of all software.
So, why not get in touch and we can share with you what to look for when deciding to invest in Earthing software. Some of the questions to ask are…
- What platform is the software coded in?
- Will it meet the demands of BIM, API, future integration?
- Does the software integrate already with iconic apps like Google Earth?
- Can the tool deliver accuracy with 3D renders so that YOUR work can stand out from the crowd?