New Earth Monitoring system. Therefore, critical asset and earthing arrangements protection at your fingertips. And in real-time.
The Problem with an Earth Monitoring System
Knowing how your critical assets are protected is a universal challenge. Electrical Earthing Systems are an integral part of equipment protection. And safety protection, usually there are 12-60 month intervals between tests. Also, this is the only time you absolutely know your Earthing Arrangements are healthy, compliant and functioning. I.e. the date tested. Understanding the continuous status at any given time is an important obligation for asset owners – ISO 55001. Will Thomas, AMX
The problem is, once you install the Earthing Arrangements Design the story does not stop there! They require system maintenance checks. Also, ongoing tests and inspections in order to maintain earthing arrangement compliance. Therefore, organising staff or outside resources to physically test the installed earthing system periodically, can present a number of unintentional risks.
- Unintentional damage caused by excavation activity
- Security: Non-security-cleared personnel on a secure site
- Logistical: Geographically remote sites can lead to the increased cost
- Safety: Testing on dangerous/hazardous sites increases business risk
Solution: An Earth Monitoring System
So, inSITE, a mobile GSM connected fully-automated, remote electrical earthing system condition monitoring device. Therefore, discretely continuously tests the health of the installed Electrical Earthing arrangement Systems. So, streaming real-time data and alerts to your fingertips wherever you are in the world.
Therefore, take control and know how your earthing arrangements are performing from the convenience of a web-based portal 24/7. Also, a recent case study identified savings in excess of £3 million. So, protect your Electrical Earthing hardware installation(s) from as little as £4,997.
Also, in the event of a tamper to the Earthing arrangements, inSITE alerts you immediately. Therefore to help prevent theft. Also, damage from an excavation.
- No more processing of permits, onerous security clearances, or escorting.
- Always a ‘safe’ method of testing the condition of your earthing system.
- Eliminate the need to take systems ‘off-line’ during tests. Also, makes testing of ‘remote’ sites more economically viable.
- Make geographically remoteness a problem of the past.
- 100% uptime for critical operations. Also, no need to isolate.
- Helps achieve ISO 55001 Asset Management System compliance.
All inSITE Electrical Earthing System Condition Monitoring systems are designed to make site implementation as straight forward as possible. Therefore. the installation does not disrupt service. Also, the design of the enclosures ensures ease of on-site wiring and testing.
Deployment of sense wires on the moThe monitored infrastructure usually comprises an attachment to a ground bus bar near the unit installation, and a second at a far point on the monitored infrastructure (zone). Changes within the monitored zone result in an alarm state. The inSITE management interface enables the sensitivity of detection to be set to a suitable level for the site in question. Filtering can also be adjusted to a custom setting for more complex sites such as large substation Earthing Systems.
Local alarm output: unpowered make/break pair for connection to SCADA/comms device.
GreyMatter’s managed service provides secure access to all of the functionality of the inSITE devices over wireless networks. Alerts can be managed quickly and effectively using a traffic light system.
- Wireless Device Management: management of the inSITE units over any network via a secure IPSEC VPN.
- Graphical User Interface: map views and lists with easy to use tiles showing all alerts, enabling a rapid response to any situation. Accessed via secure IPSEC VPN.
- Alert Management inSITE: tamper, power, battery and communications alerts with context sensitive menus.
- Asset Tracking: database of every inSITE unit and module, with site ID if deployed.
- Installation and configuration: support for installation engineers with access to configuration window for each device and best practice Wiki. NOTE: all engineers must be accredited/approved.
- Maintenance Management: maintenance status with alarm suppression.
- Application Integration: Integration capabilities for data and management functions via REST APIs.
- IEC BS EN 50522
- BS 7430
- BS EN 62305