STOP PRESS: [New] Online Electrical Earthing Training Course.
Electrical earthing training is important because it provides individuals with the knowledge and skills necessary to properly install, maintain, and troubleshoot electrical systems and equipment that are connected to an earth ground. This is crucial for ensuring the safety of both the equipment and the people who use it, as well as for preventing damage to the equipment caused by electrical faults or surges. Proper earthing also helps to reduce the risk of electrical fires and electrocution.
In the Classroom
GreyMatters offers Electrical Earthing training and grounding training courses. Therefore, flexibly tailored from half-day courses to full-day (or longer) seminars. Also, we provide customised electrical Earthing training and electrical grounding training to companies, consultants and related professionals.
Our electrical Earthing and grounding training courses are developed for:
- Utility and Industrial Electrical Engineers and Engineering Technicians
- Project Engineers
- Electrical Consultants
- Design Engineers
- Field Technicians
- Electrical Technicians
- Plant Operators
- Plant Engineers
- Electrical Supervisors
Training course subject matter includes:
- Options available for difficult to Earth geologies and scenarios
- How to properly connect Earthing system electrodes and conductors
- Types of bonds that are acceptable and where to use them
- Resistance-to-Earth testing
- Earthing Theory
- Hot and Cold Site Theory
- Soil Resistivity testing
- Sphere of Influence Theory
- Basics of Earthing system design
- How Earthing Design can ensure human safety in high-voltage environments
- The impact of lightning strikes on Earthing Systems
- The basic principles of the grounding of medium and high voltage electrical systems
- Protective or Safety Earthing systems
- Safe and unsafe working conditions
- Design considerations of an Earthing Mat for medium and high voltage
- Measuring of Earth resistance, the resistivity in substations
- Protection of substations from lightning energy
Also, on offer, a specialised earthing and bonding training course to cover the proper use of grounding engineering and simulation software. Such as how to use the RESAP Module of the CDEGS program for analysing soil resistivity data.
So, if you are interested in attending or sponsoring an earthing or grounding training course please click on the chat widget below.
Engage with us…
- Earthing Design Services & Lightning Protection Design – If high voltage power systems and lightning are causing you concern why not see how we can help with a quick ‘live chat’ below as a start.
- XGSLab – A complete software tool for the simulation of Power, Earthing, Grounding and Lightning Systems, get in touch to request a free demo.
- Get Certified – Start your journey to become certified in Power Systems Earthing & Design.
- E-Learning – Introduction to Earthing, get a free trial here.
- Get answers quickly using the searchable Technical Blog section.