Online Electrical Earthing Grounding Courses
Being able to demonstrate your competence at safety-critical design, like Earthing is crucial.
GreyMatters exists to protect “life” from the harmful effects of High Voltages, (including lightning), globally. We take what can be traditionally difficult to understand a complex subject. And by using the latest methods available, we aim to intelligently translate the complex into easy-to-understand training courses.
Why not take a look at our Academy right now, click the link below!
In the Classroom
Our electrical Earthing and grounding training courses are developed for:
- Utility and Industrial Electrical Engineers and Engineering Technicians
- Project Engineers
- Electrical Consultants
- Design Engineers
- Field Technicians
- Electrical Technicians
- Plant Operators
- Plant Engineers
- Electrical Supervisors
Training course subject matter includes:
- Options available for difficult to Earth geologies and scenarios
- How to properly connect Earthing system electrodes and conductors
- Types of bonds that are acceptable and where to use them
- Resistance-to-Earth testing
- Earthing Theory
- Hot and Cold Site Theory
- Soil Resistivity testing
- Sphere of Influence Theory
- Basics of Earthing system design
- How Earthing Design can ensure human safety in high-voltage environments
- The impact of lightning strikes on Earthing Systems
- The basic principles of the grounding of medium and high voltage electrical systems
- Protective or Safety Earthing systems Safe and unsafe working conditions
- Design considerations of an Earthing Mat for medium and high voltage
- Measuring of Earth resistance, the resistivity in substations
- Protection of substations from lightning energy
Also, on offer, a specialised earthing and bonding training course to cover the proper use of grounding engineering and simulation software. Such as how to use the RESAP Module of the XGSLabs program for analysing soil resistivity data.
So, if you are interested in attending or sponsoring an earthing or grounding training course please click on the chat widget below.